We are a testing infrastructure company in web3 space, aiming to provide the best production ready staging environments for web3 companies so they can run full fledged integration tests, bug bashes, and collaborate easily between disparate team members.
The problem is challenging from both a product & technical perspective, and seeks to break new ground in how web3 teams work. Technically, you will be using your knowledge in traditional web2 systems, docker/kubernetes, cloud, and architecture to create a new primitive for web3.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the exciting world of distributed systems and web3 with a small, friendly, and intellectually curious team. Prior knowledge of web3 is not required.
What we value:
1. Clear communication: We want to optimize for speed and autonomy so being able to articulate your thoughts well is a must.
2. Transparency: We believe in an open/transparent culture and are happy to share the early work we’ve done to build conviction in this business.
3. Detail Oriented: You care about the little things when it comes to shipping product.
4. Ownership: You want to build something cool and own it.
5. Curiosity: This is an unbounded problem with room to experiment.
6. Earnestness: We don’t have all the answers as founders. We need people who will break problems apart.
7. Risk appetite: We're a super early-stage startup and there's some degree of risk associated. You should be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
As an engineer focused on backend systems at Harbor, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones.
• Build and deploy architecture for complex blockchain solutions.
• Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic
• Be involved in the global blockchain community—work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals
• Build cross-chain bridges.
• Building on-chain governance
• Dapp integrator
What We're Looking For:
• Experience with standing up chains (has worked on/with geth/bitcoin/litecoin/other L1)
• Distributed systems background (potentially a researcher)
• Can be someone who is not as engineering focused, potentially in the research field, but someone who has worked with some of these protocols.
• Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe multithreaded code
• Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
• Familiarity with basic cryptography
• Familiarity with P2P networks
• Strong knowledge of bitcoin-like blockchains
Good to haves:
• Experience in Solidity and Dapp integration.
• Worked with Defi offerings such as staking, farming, flash loans, etc.
• Experience with building on Ethereum & Matic.
Best market salary
Unlimited paid leave
Top notch equipment
Health / Dental insurance
Learning & development budget
Our interview process is designed to value your time and also optimised to ensure we bring the best talent. To ensure there's no bad surprises for you, here's what you can expect from us during the interview process:
• Round 1: Intro call with one of the founders (or both)
• Round 2: Comp. & benefits discussed before you move into the process
• Round 3: White boarding session or take home assignment
• Round 4: Final culture round with founders
We believe that we are building a 0 to 1 product and it is too early for us to keep it 100% remote. Since we're building something new in a completely new industry, with nascent tech, part of the reason people will work here, is to learn new things.
We are setting up an office in Bangalore but that will not take away your freedom. We will operate in a hybrid model, making sure that there is no pressure to show up every day but enough facetime to cascade learnings and culture.
How to apply:
If the role, responsibilities, and the product excites you, please send us your resume / portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, if you know someone who'll be a great fit for the role, consider referring them on the same email. For every successful hire we make, we'll send you an iPad.